26 February 2007

The Angels, The Nun

I pour my heart out, but it feels no release.
Drain whats left until I am sure its raw throughout.
All the angels left for heaven, tonight there is no ease.
God doesn't feel these tears, He doesn't hear my lungs shout.
Knocking on the wooden door, let me in it's bitter to my skin.
The nun says stop, the angels have stopped carring for God's kin.

Have we broken His heart? Let down His message?
Well He has broken mine! Neglected this body, this soul.
The angels rest beside God, their wings closing our passage.
We are left to hell, He will not console.
The nun packs her bags, walks beside me in the rain.
God is selfish, He no longer sees our pain.

Books and scrolls a lie? God a fictional dream?
The angels laugh above the clouds, we fell for their deception.
Left stranded in madness, He never believed in me.
Loneliness. I never believed in His redemption.
I am desperate for truth, pleading for my everything.
The nun only shakes her head, there was no God in anything.

The angels close us out, God sleeps in their wings.

No comments: