26 February 2007

I am an American

I am not trusted. I am judged and looked down upon. I am blamed for your mistakes. I hate you for what you have done; I hate you for what you neglect to do. There is shame in being who I am. There is disgust in where I come from. The land of the free and the home of the brave; you are by no means brave and you took our freedom with a click of your pen. The sound of your voice angers me. Your face I would love to take as target practice. I never nor would I vote for you. I would never save you if your life depended on me for I know you wouldn’t save mine. Rather you would preach upon my grave the errors and sin you judge me for. I am nameless to you, faceless. Yet you bring down your book and your God. The deaths of thousands are on your hands. I walk down the street knowing they stare. I go to speak and they glare in disgust. I am shamed for your crusades. I will give my citizenship back to you. I will deny my place of birth. For freedom and safety I must. It is because of you. I am no one to thousands yet my passport and voice place me with you. I am an American. I live outside your reach, yet ever present you are. I am an American. And it turns my stomach that you rule this nation. I am an American, and I hate you for what you are, for who are. I hate you for what you do, and what you do not do. I am an American, and I want to give it back. Do you care how the world sees me? How the world see you and your nation? We travel all over. We live outside your grasp. Yet we are the Americans the world picks at. We are the ones they take it out on. And you sit and do nothing. You do not care. And I hate you.

No comments: